Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fancy Gown

Once I learn how to follow and understand a Sewing Pattern I plan on making a Caraco jacket. I'm currently on the look out for fabric of burgundy with gold accents. If you have spotted such a thing, please comment with the link.

I am in leagues now with another Master Seamstress by the name of Samantha. Due to privacy I will leave out her last name. Unless,that is she would like the publicity in which I will share full details later. She is known as the "Stitch Witch" and is in my Reenacting Unit. She and I have an accord of which I present her checks and she creates a new gown.

I bought the fabric from Burnley&Trowbridge for $20 a yard. It's a stunning Pale yellow silk taffeta with pale blue stripes every 4 inches.

I want this to be a fancy gown with cuffs of lace and a stomacher. Robe a la Anglaise with contrasting pale blue silk taffeta petticoat.

I purchased a wig in the Marie Antoinette style, a Halloween costume of course and when I receive it I'll do a tutorial on how to style it appropriately.

These pictures are inspiration for my new gown:

                                                  Simple Robe a la Anglaise sketch.


                                                     Deep Neckline, Contrasting Petticoat.


                                                      Ruffled Fabric as well as lace cuffs.


                                                                   Stomacher.




So my overall design for this dress is Low neckline, ruffled fabric as well as lace cuffs, a stomacher, contrasting petticoat and possibly some polonaising of the gown.

No comments:

Post a Comment