Friday, May 30, 2014

 Welcome to Provincial Boston!

After many requests from my friends and blog community members I have finally taken the plunge and I'm starting a Blog.

The Blog theme is New England in the Colonial period, focusing on and around Boston, Massachusetts. Why you ask? Because this is where I was born and raised. I must face the facts, after all, I know Boston and its suburbs played a role in the Revolutionary War and I take pride in living in a historical community.

Though this Blog will mostly be about my adventures and the Colonial aspects of life and Reenacting.

I am known for Reenacting the Revolutionary War by many people basically because I tell everyone I come across. Call it "Historical Pride," if you must. I participate with the Acton Minutemen of Acton, MA. Formerly I was with the 13th Continental Regiment out of Rehoboth, MA while I was in College in the South Shore. But alas I moved back home to Saugus, MA and far out of reach of Rehoboth.

I am also known for my love of Astronomy. I worked for 5 years at the Bridgewater State University Observatory in Bridgewater, MA and I have been attending Stellafane: an Amateur Telescope making and Stargazing Convention since I was 2 years old. I am 23. that means this year will be my 21st Convention. And I might add my Grandfather's 59th Stellafane Convention.

I am an amateur Seamstress (as in very amateur) and I look forward to taking lessons from my Aunt Heidi, a Master Seamstress, soon. I have many projects, sewing or otherwise, that I will be Blogging about in the up coming months.

So I welcome you again and I hope you can find something of interest in what I write.

Your Very Humble Servant,

 Lea C. Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment